Newco OCS-12 Thermal Carafe Coffee/Tea Brewer
- Were not trying to trick you with bells and whistles, plain and simple this coffee maker brews coffee the way it was intended to be brewed.
- The perfect coffee maker for the coffee connoisseur or weekend warrior who takes coffee seriously.
- Hands down the best home coffee maker on the planet.
- The quality and durability of a commercial machine in a home model.
- 12 cup thermal carafe with brew through pour lid.
- High quality polycarbonate construction.
- Easy pour over feature for brewing coffee.
- Pour and serve allows you to get a cup of coffee while brewing.
- No temperature or water volume adjustments, advanced 192°F - 198°F, the perfect temperature.
- Markings indicate water needed to make corresponding number cups of coffee.
- Filter basket swings open for easy insertion of filter.
- Audible beep and automatic shut off after brew cycle is completed.
- 120V, 1400-watt heating element for fast brewing.
- Lead free construction.
- Newco OCS Paper Filters sold separately.
- Newco Permanent Gold Filter sold separately.
- 7 1/2"W x 10"D x 15 1/2"H.
Why This Brewer Is #1 And SCAA Approved
- Temperature: The most important feature is the temperature it brews your coffee. After loading your fresh ground coffee press the green button, it starts brewing at a temperature between 208°F - 210°F but not boiling continuously. The hot water is delivered on the coffee bed in the brew basket with specially designed spray head which shower the coffee bed with hot water (198°F - 200°F) recommended by Specialty Coffee Association of America. The OCS-8 and OCS-12 are approved by Specialty Coffee Association of America. The brewed coffee going into the carafe will be about 192°F - 196°F, an average of 15°F - 20°F degrees hotter than any other home brewer.
- The Carafe: The next important feature is the storing the coffee, this personal carafe has an automatic brew through lid that allows the coffee to go into the carafe without removing the lid and allows you to pour the coffee without removing it. The carafe holds the coffee hot for about 4-6 hours at drinking temperature.
- The Brew basket: The magnetic latch allows you to open and close with a single push or pull and easily remove for cleaning. It has pause and cheat feature for the impatient individual, please remember that the front end of brewed coffee is stronger that of the tail end of brewed coffee. This will dilute the remainder of the coffee in the carafe, although this feature is available it is best to wait until brewing cycle is complete. Also, you may stop and start brewing cycle by pushing red to stop and green to start, four beep indicators will warn you that brewing cycle has completed and has finish dripping.
- Brews 4, 6, 8 or 12 cups, you choose.
- 1400-watt heating element and 198°F water temperature over coffee grounds, extracting the oils from coffee is a science and 198°F is perfect.
- Precise pulsation, the brewer sprays water and pauses, this happens continuously allowing the coffee to soak in the water for maximum oil extraction without drowning the coffee.
- No other home coffee brewers have this system; the OCS coffee brewers are the only home coffee brewers with these features.
- Replacement parts available, no other home coffee brewer has this option.
- 30 day limited.
- Lifetime technical support.
The Newco OCS-12 carafe holds temperature for 4-6 hours and the patented self-sealing, dual action brew through and pour out lid is an industry standard. The OCS Brewer uses a high wattage heating element for fast brewing up to ten pots per hour. The near boiling temperature is ideal for hot tea or specialty coffee.